This page is dedicated to helping new and prospective members learn the basics of the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor, Rotary International, and The Rotary Foundation. Current members and potential sponsors will also benefit from it as a ready resource.
This page is intended to be an enduring, and up-to-date, companion to the information presented to new members during their formal orientation session. Persons with a possible interest in becoming a Rotarian can review these resources in order to be better informed before contacting the club’s Administrative/Financial Manager to ask questions or discuss the next step. Sponsors can use this page in discussion with prospective members before proceeding to Membership Guidelines and Recommend a Member.
If you see anything on this page that needs to be corrected or updated or if you know of some worthwhile information that is missing, please contact our Administrative/Financial Manager.
Please use the links below to learn more about each individual item:
The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor
The club has over 220 members who live and/or work in the Ann Arbor area. As such, it is one of the largest Rotary club in Michigan and one of the largest in the world. The Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation is the Club’s charitable arm.
- Club Brochure (August 2020)
- We have a weekly e-newsletter. It’s called the Ann Arbor Rotarian. Want to subscribe? Ask our Administrative/Financial Manager to add you to the mailing list.
- 2017-2018 RCAA Annual Report, 2018-2019 RCAA Annual Report, 2019-2020 RCAA Annual Report
- 2020-2021 RCAA Annual Report
- RCAA Club Leadership and Operations Roster for 2021-2022 (easy place to see our leaders and how to contact them)
- Committee Profiles
- Handy Primer for New Rotarians (April 2022)
- Policy on Attendance and Engagement
- Welcome to Membership (October 2019)
- New Member Orientation Slides (October 2018)
- “Bite-Size” Job Opportunities within the Club (Feb 2021)
- Checklist for New Members
- Rotary-related acronyms
- Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation
- The Club’s Centennial Project
- The Club’s Annual Golf & Tennis Outing
- The e-Park smartphone app for parking meters in downtown Ann Arbor
- Social Media Pages and Guide (February 2021)
- Looking for archival content, like old editions of the Harpoon (the name for our weekly newsletter prior to July 2021), photos, etc.? Visit our old website annarborrotary.org. You can also see some archival photos collected in a slideshow by Fred Beutler from our 100 year celebration here.
- How to nominate a person for Rotary membership
Rotary District 6380
Our club is in one of 535 districts worldwide. Our district includes almost 50 clubs in Washtenaw, Livingston, and Oakland counties in Michigan and Chatham and Kent counties in Ontario. There are two other Rotary clubs in Ann Arbor and a total of eight in Washtenaw County.
Rotary International (RI)
Our club is one of 36,000 clubs worldwide with a total of 1.2 million members.
- Welcome to Rotary (one minute video)
- Top Five Rotary Myths (three minute video)
- “What is Rotary” (funny video – three minutes)
- “People of Action” (two minute video)
- Rotary International (RI) Home Page (website)
- Rotary Basics (.pdf file)
- How to create your “My Rotary” account (.pdf document). FAQ document
- The New Member page on the RI website (link)
- Club Finder (link)
- RI’s Member Center (website)
- Current year’s theme (link)
- Annual Report (link)
- History of the Four-Way Test (.pdf file)
The Rotary Foundation (TRF)
TRF is the charitable arm of Rotary International. The key goal among a wide range of projects is the eradication of polio.