This web page is dedicated to helping new and prospective members learn the basics of the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor, Rotary International, and The Rotary Foundation. Current members and potential sponsors will also benefit from it as a ready resource.
This page is intended to be an enduring, and up-to-date, companion to the information presented to new members during their formal orientation session. Persons with a possible interest in becoming a Rotarian can review these resources in order to be better informed before contacting the club’s Executive Director to ask questions or discuss the next step. Sponsors can use this page in discussion with prospective members before proceeding to Membership Guidelines and Recommend a Member.
If you see anything on this page that needs to be corrected or updated or if you know of some worthwhile information that is missing, please contact our Executive Director.
Please use the links below to learn more about each individual item:
The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor
The club has over 250 members who live and/or work in the Ann Arbor area. As such, it is the largest Rotary club in Michigan and one of the largest in the world. The Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation is the Club’s charitable arm.
- Club Brochure (August 2020)
- Weekly newsletter. It’s called “The Harpoon.” Want to subscribe? Ask our Executive Director to add you to the mailing list.
- 2017-2018 RCAA Annual Report, 2018-2019 RCAA Annual Report, 2019-2020 RCAA Annual Report
- Committee Profiles
- Policy on Attendance and Engagement
- Welcome to Membership (October 2019)
- New Member Orientation Slides (October 2018)
- “Bite-Size” Job Opportunities within the Club (Feb 2021)
- Checklist for New Members
- Rotary-related acronyms
- Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation
- The Club’s Centennial Project
- The Club’s Annual Golf & Tennis Outing
- The e-Park smartphone app for parking meters in downtown Ann Arbor
- Social Media Pages and Guide (February 2021)
- Looking for archival content, like old editions of the Harpoon, photos, etc.? Visit our old website annarborrotary.org. You can also see some archival photos collected in a slideshow by Fred Beutler from our 100 year celebration here.
- How to nominate a person for Rotary membership
Rotary District 6380
Our club is in one of 535 districts worldwide. Our district includes a total of 51 clubs in Washtenaw, Livingston, and Oakland counties in Michigan and Chatham and Kent counties in Ontario.
Rotary International (RI)
Our club is one of 35,000 clubs worldwide with a total of 1.2 million members. Our club is about number 30 on the list in terms of membership.
- “What is Rotary” (funny video – three minutes)
- “People of Action” (two minute video)
- Rotary International (RI) Home Page (website)
- Rotary Basics (.pdf file)
- How to create your “My Rotary” account (.pdf document). FAQ document
- The New Member page on the RI website (link)
- Club Finder (link)
- RI’s Member Center (website)
- Current year’s theme (link)
- Annual Report (link)
The Rotary Foundation (TRF)
TRF is the charitable arm of Rotary International. The key goal among a wide range of projects is the eradication of polio.