This web page is dedicated to helping new and prospective members learn the basics of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation, and the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor. Current members may also benefit from it as a ready resource.
This page is intended to be an enduring, and up-to-date, companion to the information presented to new members during their formal orientation session. Persons with a possible interest in becoming a Rotarian can review these resources in order to be better informed before contacting the club’s Executive Director to ask questions or discuss the next step. Sponsors can use this page in discussion with prospective members before proceeding to Membership Guidelines and Recommend a Member.
New members will be given log-in credentials for ClubRunner, our online membership directory. New members will also receive assistance in registering on the websites of the District and Rotary International. For assistance with registering for all of these sites, please contact John White.
If you see anything on this page that needs to be corrected or updated or if you know of some worthwhile information that is missing, please contact our Executive Director.
Please use the links below to learn more about each individual item:
The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor
The club has almost 300 members who live and/or work in the Ann Arbor area. The Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation is the Club’s charitable arm.
- Welcome to Membership (October 2019)
- New Member Orientation Slides (October 2018)
- Policy on Attendance and Engagement
- The Harpoon is the club’s weekly newsletter. Want to subscribe? Ask our Executive Director to add you to the mailing list.
- For new or current members, the Membership Directory is available on-line via ClubRunner, please contact John White in order to initiate your access
- Committee Profiles
- Rotary-related acronyms
- Checklist for New Members
- How to recommend a new member
- “Bite-Size” Job Opportunities within the Club (February 2018)
- Rotary Club of Ann Arbor’s Facebook page
- 2017-2018 Rotary Club of Ann Arbor Annual Report
- Ann Arbor Rotary Foundation
- The Club’s Centennial Project
- The Club’s Annual Golf & Tennis Outing
- The e-Park smartphone app for parking meters in downtown Ann Arbor
Rotary District 6380
Our club is one of 535 districts worldwide and includes a total of 52 clubs in Washtenaw, Livingston and Oakland counties in Michigan and Chatham and Kent counties in Ontario.
Rotary International (RI)
Our club is one of 35,000 clubs worldwide with a total of 1.2 million members. Our club is about number 30 on the list in terms of membership.
- Rotary International (RI) Home Page (website)
- RI’s Member Center (website)
- “What is Rotary” (funny video – three minutes)
- “People of Action” (two minute video)
- Current year’s theme (link)
- Annual Report (link)
- Club Finder (link)
- How to create your “My Rotary” account (.pdf document). FAQ document
- The New Member page on the RI website (link)
The Rotary Foundation (TRF)
TRF is the charitable arm of Rotary International. The key goal among a wide range of projects is the eradication of polio.