The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor is seeking an Executive Administrator.
Rotary Club of Ann Arbor (RCAA) is one of the premier service organizations in the greater Ann Arbor area. Founded in 1916, and with approximately 250 members, the Club brings leaders from the community together to exchange ideas and take action to better the community and the world. Supporting this, the Club has an extensive commitment to local and international charitable service.
The Executive Administrator is charged with working hand-in-hand with the Board of Directors and Club Leadership to ensure the long-term viability of the Club’s membership and operational and charitable finances. The Executive Administrator has a special responsibility to assist with smooth leadership transitions from year-to-year, as well as to maintain the Club’s repository, both electronic and physical.
A cover letter is required for application review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Club and Foundation
- Interface with members to assist with their Rotary experience
- Works with the President, the Program Committee, and other Club assets as necessary to assure weekly hybrid meetings are well-managed.
- Ensures the timely reporting of filings required by Rotary District 6380, Rotary International, and the Rotary
- Maintains member databases in ClubRunner and RI and other communication management software
- Assists in the maintenance of the Club website
- Provides select committees and projects with administrative support
- Manages office administrative tasks as needed for efficient overall operations of RCAA
- Provides administrative support to the current Club and Foundation Boards and Officers
- Manages upkeep of master copies of By-laws and Policies and Guidelines
- Ensures regular recording of financial receipts and deposit of those receipts at appropriate intervals
- Assists Treasurer to ensure all expense and bills for the Club are paid in a timely manner
- Ensures proper receipting for all members
- Maintains consistent and transparent communication with RCAA leadership
- Provides resources and support to the financial oversight group in the following area:
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget in coordination with President-elect and the Club Treasurer
Critical Skills, Attributes, and Expectations
A position as demanding as Executive Administrator for an organization the caliber of RCAA requires
specific personal attributes and business skills. Some of these include:
- Demonstrated passion for RCAA and its mission
- Goal oriented, self-starter
- Highly professional
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, business, written, oral and public speaking)
- Effective time management
- Critical thinking, creative problem solving
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and work effectively with Boards and Club Leadership
- Experience with WordPress, QuickBooks, Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace, CRM/Database Management and other relevant applications or willing to complete training.
- Position may require some weekend and evening hours
- Must be COVID 19 Vaccinated
RCAA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. RCAA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
RCAA conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and will use a third-party administrator to conduct background checks.
Salary and Benefit Information
This position is a contract position (30 hours weekly) with a salary range of $35,000-$40,000 and does
not include benefits.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org