The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor’s 20th Annual Golf and Pickleball Outing (GPO) formerly the Golf & Tennis Outing (GTO) will be on Monday, September 11, 2023 at Barton Hills Country Club. In true Rotary tradition, this will be an event not to be missed.
The day begins with golf registration and lunch from 10:45 am – 11:45 am followed by a shotgun start on the highly-rated Barton Hills golf course. Pickleball registration begins at 1:30 pm and will immediately be followed by a pre-game clinic with Michigan’s top pickleball pro. After the clinic, players will participate in a tournament.
The always fun and always exciting Silent Auction will be anything but silent, with complimentary wine, beer and hors d’ouevres between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. The winners of the golf and pickleball tournament will be announced during this time.
At 7:00 pm, it’s into the elegant dining room of Barton Hills Country Club for a fabulous dinner and speaker. This year’s special guest is Coach Hutchins, UM Hall of Fame Softball Coach.
Support the Club’s GPO
When the Golf & Pickleball Outing was originally conceived, it was for the following reasons:
- Help increase a community public awareness of Rotary – bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. Rotary’s seven areas of focus are:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Recently added:
- Mental health
- Environment/climate change
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- At the local level our focus has been “Helping Kids Succeed”
Our capacity for providing community support is dependent on the success of this event, our single largest fundraiser of the year!
An event of this magnitude takes a lot of volunteers to make it a success, and this is your CALL TO ACTION. Every member should grab their calendar and sign up for one of the 90+ volunteer opportunities. No prior experience is required; training if needed will be provided, and it’s a great way to have fun with your fellow Rotarians.
Please help us make this year the most successful Golf & Pickleball Outing by planning to participate as a volunteer, golfer, auction donor, dinner attendee or event sponsor/donor.