Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in Rotary – Many of us are aware of, and maybe even involved in, the U-M’s major initiative in DEI but did you know the Rotary International is also on board with this critical aspect of today’s most successful organizations?
Click here to learn more.
Bonus information! From their recent newsletter, here’s what the leadership of neighboring District 6360 has to say to their clubs:
1. Talk about diversity with your club members and create a member diversity and inclusion action plan using the Diversifying Your Club assessment
2. Invite local diversity, equity, and inclusion experts to speak at your club’s next meeting
3. Connect with local organizations that are supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and work with them on projects or events.
4. Encourage and support people from underrepresented groups to take on leadership positions in your club and district.
5. Encourage club members to take the Building A Diverse Club course in the RI on-line Learning Center to learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Given all that information, please ask yourself, what can you do to advance DEI in our club?