See below a message from District Governor Karyn Gabrys, sent to members on November 1st, 202o.
Greeting Fellow Rotarians!
The Nomination Period for District Governor 2023-24 Now Open | Nominations Deadline is December 1, 2020
The nomination period has begun for District Governor for the Rotary Year of 2023-2024. All clubs are encouraged to submit their nominations for an individual who will serve as District Governor during the 2023-24 Rotary year.
All nominations for District Governor must be received no later than Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 5 pm. No late submissions will be accepted.
District Governor-Nominee Form — Candidates proposed by their clubs for selection as District Governor-Nominee should complete the attached form and forward it by email to: Nominating Committee Chair PDG Sparky Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bylaws of Rotary International, Article 16.080 states, “a governor at the time of taking office must have attended the International Assembly for its full duration, been a member of one or more Rotary clubs for at least seven years, and must continue to possess the qualifications in section 16.070.” These include:
- A member in good standing of a club in the District.
- The Rotarian must have full qualification for such membership in the strict application of the provisions thereof, and the integrity of the Rotarian’s classification must be without question.
- The Rotarian must have served as president of a club for a full term or be a charter president of a club having served the full term from the date of charter to 30 June, provided that this period is at least six months.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate willingness, commitment, and ability, physically and otherwise, to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the office of governor as provided in section 16.090.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of governor as prescribed in the bylaws and submit to RI, through its general secretary, a signed statement that the Rotarian understands clearly such qualifications, duties, and responsibilities. Such statement shall also confirm that the Rotarian is qualified for the office of governor and willing and able to assume the duties and responsibilities of that office and to perform them faithfully.
Interviews of the District Governor Nominee, who would serve as District Governor during the Rotary year, 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024, will take place in early December. Individual candidates will be contacted to coordinate their interview time.
Should there be any questions on the duties, obligations, and rewards of being a District Governor, please feel free to contact District Governor Karen Gabrys, email@example.com any Past District Governor, who would be happy to speak with any prospective candidate personally prior to their nomination being submitted.