The Rotary Club of Ann Arbor has many facets and levels of engagement with the community on a regional, national, and international level, and our speaker program supports these initiatives.
Through our weekly speaker presentations, we engage our members and guests in an informative, interactive experience that shares important information on a myriad of topics.
The excellence of our speaker program originates from the recommendations that we receive.
We are continually looking for recommendations on a variety of subjects and issues, and both members and non-members are potential candidates.
Before you make a recommendation, please keep in mind that it is club policy that :
- No person who is a candidate for political office may be invited or permitted to address the Club; and
- No member, speaker, guest, or other person or organization shall sell products, tickets, solicit donations, or otherwise engage in overt fundraising activities directed to club members.
The Program Committee evaluates speaker recommendations at their monthly meeting, which is held every third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 am, just before the regular meeting. If a recommendation is accepted, a Program Committee member will contact the nominator and discuss scheduling. The nominator, with support from the Program Committee, will serve as the speaker’s liaison. If a recommendation is declined, then the Program Committee chair notifies the recommender that his or her recommendation was declined.
Finding acceptable dates for accepted speakers can be challenging and generally, speakers are scheduled anywhere from three to six months in advance. Firm dates for future programs can only be assigned by the Committee Chair, and we request that a commitment is not made with a proposed speaker until notified of a date by the Committee.
Before you submit your application, please ensure that all fields are completed thoroughly. The title of the presentation, the topic, and the speaker’s background information is essential for the Program Committee’s review process. This information is also used for the club calendar and to promote the presentation in the club’s newsletter. Incomplete nomination forms cannot be reviewed by the Committee and more information will be requested.
Thank you in advance for your time in nominating a speaker, we appreciate your support of our program. If you have any questions, please contact the Chair of the Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for completing the form:
- Complete the whole form all at once. The form cannot be saved before submitting, so please prepare all of your answers ahead of time.
- Make sure to click “Submit” at the bottom of the form once you’ve completed and before navigating away from the page.
- After clicking “submit,” a copy of your answers will be sent to the email address that you submit under “Recommender’s Email.”